From the moment you send your mail, La Poste makes sure it's in safe hands every step of the way, with an incredibly efficient process.
Follow the tips from your postman on how to write your recipient’s address correctly on your envelope.
6 tips from your postman
- Try to use envelopes with an address box for your handwritten letters.
- Use 6 lines maximum to write your address.
- Never put a comma, full stop, apostrophe, underline or dash after the street number.
- Write the 5 numbers of the postcode very distinctly. If you are not sure what the postcode is then ask at your local post office or click here to find a postcode.
- Write the last line, and if possible the whole of the address, in capitals.
- Write your sender address on the back.
If you are writing to a company then don’t forget to write the PO box and CEDEX indication in capitals.
You can post your letter in one of the 125,000 street letterboxes across France.
You may also post it in a post office.
To find your nearest post office, click here.