The La Poste group is the leader in Parcels and Express in France, No. 2 in Germany and No. 4 in the United Kingdom.
ColiPoste is La Poste’s parcel operator. ColiPoste offers a comprehensive range of B to C services with deliveries within 48 hours.
GeoPost, the La Poste group’s Express subsidiary, is a specialist in B to B express parcel delivery. GeoPost has a strong presence in Europe and the world.
ColiPoste, specialist in fast home-delivery
At the heart of exchanges between companies and consumers, ColiPoste’s mission is to deliver parcels in complete confidence to private individuals, based on the delivery options they select.
ColiPoste notifies its customers in real-time, via e‑mail or SMS messages, of the arrival of their parcel. Customers can also choose to pick them up 24/7 from a Cityssimo site (a dedicated area allowing urban customers, who are generally not available during the day, to pick up their parcels at any time).
By the end of 2009, there should be a total of 30 Cityssimo sites in France. Cityssimo has 60,000 users.
A historic partner of "traditional" distance selling, over the last few years ColiPoste has also become the major partner of the e-commerce sector.
To accompany the expansion of this sector, ColiPoste has rolled out 15 platforms, and launched the modernisation of its 70 branches through the professional recognition of, and investment in, its 2,700 delivery operators. They work 6 days a week across France to deliver a first-rate service to their customers. More than 35,000 ColiPoste business customers use the Colissimo business offer when sending parcels to private individuals.
ColiPoste Key Figures
- 1.4 billion euros in sales in 2008
- 93% of Colissimo parcels delivered within 2 days
- 270 million parcels carried in 2008 (a record on 17 December 2008 with 1,313,362 parcels delivered)
GeoPost, specialist in B to B express parcel deliveries
The Express subsidiary of the La Poste group, GeoPost is No. 2 in express delivery in Europe. Under its international trade name DPD, GeoPost collects in over 40 countries and delivers in 230 countries and territories in the world for 300,000 customers.
GeoPost has a strong presence in Europe thanks to its subsidiaries, which are leaders in their domestic markets:
- Chronopost in France and Portugal,
- Exapaq in France,
- DPD in Germany, Belgium, Ireland, Switzerland, Poland, Croatia, Czech Republic, Hungary, Bosnia, Serbia, Slovenia, Ukraine, Russia, as well as Luxembourg, Netherlands, United Kingdom, the Baltic and Balkan States,
- Interattica in Greece,
- Pegasus in Romania,
- Interlink Express in the United Kingdom,
- Seur in Spain.
GeoPost is also developing its presence in growing markets outside Europe:
- in Asia, GeoPost, with its partner Yurtiçi Kargo, is present in Turkey and Kazakhstan. It is also present in the People’s Republic of China, South Korea and India via DPD Continental, a joint-venture with Continental Air Express,
- in the Middle East, GeoPost delivers throughout the entire region via DPD UAE, a joint‑venture with the Kanoo group,
- in Africa, GeoPost is present with Chronopost international in Niger, Senegal, Morocco, Cameroon, Burkina Faso, as well as in Algeria and the Ivory Coast. GeoPost is also present in South Africa via DPD Laser, a joint-venture with the Laser group.
- on the American continent, GeoPost ensures deliveries in the United States via its partner IBC.
GeoPost Key Figures
- Europe’s number 2 in express shipping in terms of turnover and volume
- France’s leading parcel operator in terms of turnover and volume
- 3.292 billion euros in sales in 2008
- 22.6% of the La Poste group’s total sales in 2008
- 74.2% of the La Poste group’s turnover comes from GeoPost
- 800 hubs and depots worldwide
- 550 million parcels delivered each year throughout the world
- 20,000 employees in 40 countries