Doing what we've always done best, only better.
The postal mail market was deregulated in January 2006, leading to important new challenges for La Poste. To respond to this increasing market pressure, mail facilities have been modernised, job security increased and innovative client solutions developed and launched.
To help SMEs and very small businesses develop their markets and increase their profits, both in France and abroad, La Poste is reinforcing its global direct marketing solutions and is centralising its client data management offers within Mediapost Data.
The Mail division also proposes a range of simple tailored solutions provided by specialised staff. From the all-in-one Pro Mailing Kit for sending mailings to 100 targeted prospects, to the integral Postimpact campaign. There are also the Maestra "on demand" packages and inspirational mailing models, Duetto and its prospect lists to choose from. There is even the electronic registered mail service.
Whatever the solution, the Mail division closely accompanies its 340,000 SMEs and very small business customers. In the last quarter of 2007, they offered a personalised welcome in business centres that were trialled in eight pilot sites.
- 2nd European operator in terms of turnover.
- €11.6 billion turnover.
- 55.6% of the La Poste group’s turnover.
- 82.5% of letters delivered the next day (record in August 2007 with 86.4% of letters delivered in D+1).
- 700 millions euros by 2010 to modernise the mail carrier business sector.
- 25 industrial sorting machines capable of sorting up to 50,000 letters an hour.
- 100,000 postmen and women bring the values of La Poste and the public service to your door each morning.
- The distance they collectively cover each day is equivalent to 50 trips around the globe!
- France has over 135,000 public post boxes, one of the highest figures in the world.