Delivering customer service in so many ways.
The network of post offices is the meeting point between the public and the Group's 3 activities (Mail, Parcels and Express, Banque Postale). The most concentrated network in Europe with 17,000 outlets, is now shifting from a network to a strong company approach that is focused on customer relationships.
Adapted and attractive sales areas
To reach the goal of satisfying 95% of customers by 2012, the company is organizing a new model for welcoming, assisting and selling. It is adapted to our customers' diverse needs and will help develop customer relationships. The objectives: to reduce waiting times, increase customer satisfaction and develop sales performance. How? By developing the use of automated machines for basic transactions and self-service sales.
Post offices are now organised around:
- a bank area (financial advisors and client managers),
- a sales area with: a self-service section, an automated machine area, multifunctional island booths (quick transactions, pickup & deposit of pending mail, Financial Services, Pro Services).
In this new system, the counter staff are available to greet customers in the sales area, direct, support and advise them and sell.
A diversified national postal presence
Since 2004, La Poste has been working with elected officials to adapt its national network to demographic changes. The 2008-2010 contract for national postal presence specifies the obligations of La Poste in terms of national planning, and the terms of its financing, thanks to the creation of a dedicated fund. With approximately 140 million euros each year during the 2008-2010 period, this fund ensures a fair distribution among the French departments and gives priority to rural, mountain and sensitive urban zones as well as to France's overseas departments.
At the same time, La Poste will continue to expand its network of partner service points in order to:
- ensure the continuity of the rural network in the context of appeased relations with the populations and elected officials,
- reduce the operating costs of the network by replacing post offices with insufficient business with Agences Postales (postal agencies) or Relais Poste (postal intermediaries),
- contribute to providing an offer of quality, with accessible services adapted to the locations and lifestyles of its customers.
- France's leading local network
- 17,082 public outlets, of which 5,632 in partnership
- 2 million customers served each day
- 90% of French people are no less than 5 km from a public outlet
- 8.58 minutes average waiting time in post offices with quality inspections in December 2008