With Western Union you can transfer cash to nearly 225,000 points of sale in more than 195 countries.
How to use the Western Union money transfer service®
To send money
- Go to any post office that provides the service and fill in the form (remember to bring a piece of ID with you).
- Once you have handed over the sum you wish to send in cash, as well as the fees for the service, the clerk will make the transaction and give you a receipt bearing your transfer number.
- Contact your beneficiary to provide them with the details of the operation so that they can withdraw their money.
To receive money
Go to any establishment that provides the Western Union service with a piece of ID. Fill in the form with the following information:
- First name and surname of the sender (as written on their form),
- Country and/or town of origin of the transfer,
- Expected amount in euros or in the issue currency,
- The test question and answer (if required),
- The transfer reference number (optional but may accelerate the payment).
- After checking of the data provided and the identity of the beneficiary, the money is paid out in the local currency.
This service is available in more than 3,100 post offices. For more information please contact your post office or call customer service on 0 825 00 98 98 (service in French).